Big Country , small world.

It seems like I get so few readers that it hardly matters what I write in my Blog\

as an outsiders view of Ukraine starting over, and knowing people who really do know things,
well, let's just say that there are some aspects of Ukraine's education system under Party of Regions, Yanukovych Clan that I won't even spell it out in plain and simple language and name exact people.
IT WAS A LAND OF EXPLOITATION, things being done so callously that specifics become distasteful. It was no wonder that students took to the streets to protest the shuttering of the EU accord, and the revolution went all the way to the other side where Putin felt snubbed and all the idiotic miscues from the EU and USA : it's still  a game of smoke and mirrors.

Now with the day's headlines, the occupied areas of Ukraine being stripped of industrial production equipment, looting the manufacturing base of the most valuable heavy equipment, and even cutting out the steel corner posts of factory buildings to collapse the roofs : I'm hearing that, not 100% sure it's true, yet it's an inevitable process in a cash scarce war zone. My friends from Donetsk will wonder what is happening with their upscale apartments that had been worth such good money a few years ago, but at least they are alive and free rather than trapped and imprisoned in a Dystopian reality.

While Ukraine has been no stranger to war, did it's share even during the Soviet Union's time sending it's young men off to Afghanistan, now even as of 3-4 years ago the small towns were making public memorials to their lost people from that one useless war.

So I am depressed a little, overworked, and now sick with a flu, somebody has been trying to hack my identity, post some credit applications at easy soft retail Targets : I can't complain, as much as my future feels uncertain, ill defined, my basic core reality is secure and engaging, rewarding enough, positive energy comes and goes AROUND ME.

Nadia Savchenko:
well I'm only an ex-professional restaurant dishwasher , nobody ever did me any special favors, yet I have a talent for meeting people and being on the right place at the right time, I tend to avoid bad luck, while I make many mistakes, engage in foolish quests.
It was late May or Early June 2014, and I was just coming back from some random event, stopped for a drink at the downscale lobby of my cheap hotel in Kiev. I just ordered a beer or something and was just perusing my digital stream. A booth next to me had 2 men and a woman, I think I engaged with them somehow, they invited me to sit or whatever. Since it was late at night, and I was tired, perhaps the memory dissipated ? Yet now, also feeling tired, a little drunk, and like then I was feeling sad all the news of this growing War in the East of Ukraine, places I had been to , where I had friends that I had met in my travels. I think the lady was Nadia Savchenko. I know they were not too fluent in English and they wanted to know why I knew Russian and not so much or any Ukrainian.
Eventually after some drinks, they invited me to go parachuting with them, probably from a military plane, maybe part of a training mission or something, they wanted 2/300$ , understandable enough as a fee, I traded phone numbers or something but never followed through with the invitation.
I'm not great at remembering names, the woman may have given her name as Tanya, they didn't want any selfie photos as they didn't know me, I am better at remembering voices and faces, I know she wasn't from Kiev, I think it was Nadia Savchenko, but cannot be certain. The look was very, very close to hers, and maybe if she can get out of jail and come home I'll have a chance to meet her and ask if my memory matches with any memory of hers, from that time before she was captured, I hope so....
Regardless of the fact I did or did not meet Nadia, there seems little hope at this hour. I can't see Russian courts releasing her, and I can't see that she will end the dry hunger strike. It will be terribly upsetting for the People of Ukraine if she comes home in a coffin. The enmity is intense enough, as it is, while Russians in Moscow and Kiev Ukrainians may ride in the exact same model Metro cars, each set of people will harbor different feelings.

President Obama, he has little power to intervene, the US isn't going to lift sanctions in exchange for Nadia's release, we aren't going to lift sanctions , then reimpose them once she's safe. As much as President Obama is a smart, dedicated, self focused and engaging leader, he can't get anything done with Vladimir Putin , since Mister Putin doesn't respect him.

But is it possible that Xi-Xi Ping could ring up Vladimir Putin and simply hint that it would be not so useful to allow the Ukrainian Pilot woman to die, and aggravate the Western Partners in Economic trade? At some point, lives can be bought, deals can be made.
People ask me if I'dd ever been to Russia , actually I haven't ever been there, at this point I probably shouldn't think about going there. Russians are smart, humorous, intelligent and generally kind hearted people, it's a pity they have to face up against a biased Western media, and deal with their own highly controlled media, and be so careful about what they say or do, lest they too end up in jail on trumped up charges, without the basis of valid  evidence or due process




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is still a David Versus Goliath story/ Choke off Russian Oil and Gas sales as soon as it is remotely possible, kindly please.

Who Is Tomorrow's Master of Hope's Slave ?

Be No Rain